Tuesday 3 April 2018

Lori's quilt - Move Over

 This is Lori's quilt.  I don't know the name of the pattern--it is a kit she bought somewhere, and so I didn't really know what else to call this post.    The kid is from Connecting Threads and the pattern is called Move Over.  I've been told if you're careful with the cutting you can get two quilts from one kit.

  I don't often choose to put a pantograph a quilt, but this top (and it's luscious backing) was asking for something interesting and varied, and so I chose to put Modern Maze#2 on it. 
 It adds nice movement and interest, lots of variation, and modern, which suits the top nicely.   I also know that this top will belong to a man, so this panto suits that as well.
 And this lovely grey Shannon Cuddle backing, this I know came from All Stitched Up in Olds.  It was a wide back, so no piecing required!  Love it when I'm not having to deal with a backing seam in minkee.

I hadn't told Lori it was ready, and was going to her place for a day of quilting....she had found this and unpacked it and was fully admiring before I'd made my second trip back from the vehicle.  I think it was a hit!! 

1 comment: