Thursday 13 July 2017

Bring Me Flowers by Linda

This is Linda's version of Jen Kingwell's Bring Me Flowers

I had so much fun with this.  Linda and I talked about what she wanted, and I drew a few designs for her to see

 Linda chose feathers in the melon shapes.
 Each set of flowers was different, so much fun to quilt.  Just look at the fussy piecing in the flowers above. 






 I think this backing is double gauze.  It's very soft and a little stretchy.  Fortunately, I was able to benefit from Andrea at Urban Quiltworks experience (where she found the double gauze was stretching just sitting on the frame) and I basted the whole quilt before I started, and when I was leaving it overnight I'd roll it all back on the backing rollers---I had no issues with the backing at all that way.
The texture shows very nicely on the backing too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment