Friday 10 June 2016

Simplicity #7 - A Study in Blue

This is Colleen's Simplicity, a gift for her father in law's 80th birthday.  Colleen bought this pattern by accident at Paducah a few years ago, and it's been the best accident, as she's made this pattern many times.

 Like Yvonne's red quilt, this only uses 3 fabrics.   I think they were planing these together.
 I like how different it looks when I took the photo 'on-point'

These fabrics as so vibrant!  What a great gift.  I hope I have a daughter or daughter in law making me quilts when I'm 80!
 And, as usual with minkee, the color doesn't photograph well (although the problem may all reside in the hands of the photographer and her ancient camera and not the fabric) it's really a lovely soft blue color. 

No comments:

Post a Comment