Tuesday 12 March 2013

Patty's Fat Quarter Frolic

This quilt is Patty's Fat Quarter Frolic.

Patty uses such interesting fabrics, so bright and colorful and patterned.  One of the really great things about longarm quilting is that I can see and quilt all sorts of beautiful quilts that I'd never have made myself.

If I recall correctly, she said some (or maybe all) of these fabrics were from a Ty Pennington line.

We used a grey Silco thread and freehand E's and 3's as an edge to edge design.




 I think my phone camera has real issues with depth of field.  Sigh...someday we WILL find the camera in the depths of the teenagers room :P


 The quilting gives a lovely texture to the quilt, and the grey is nice and calming.  At one point we had considered a turquoise thread, but Patty decided grey, and it was a good choice.
This large turquoise block just about fried my brain with all those irregular spaces and lines.

 The back of this quilt is just beautiful too.  I love that grey fabric.
This was quilted with Quilters Dream cotton batting.

And, because it is fun to see how different the same pattern can look with different fabrics, here is a link to Marilyn's Fat Quarter Frolic, if you are interested...

Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment